Thursday, December 27, 2012

More Montessori at Home

My daughter got some ABC and Numbers puzzle that are slightly bigger than her age when all put together at a single set.  So, I bagged them up into zip locks and labeled them. I divided the ABC puzzle into six sets according to the Montessori language divisions; SMAT, BFOX, HUCP, NERD, WIJGL, KQVYZ.


 I divided the numbers into 5 piece sets; 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20 since she is getting really good at 1-4 and should be up to 5 soon.


 I like buying materials just a little bit out of her grasp and the pairing them down like this. 1. It pushes her and 2. It saves money because I can use them longer. I also got these three wooden puzzles on sale, I think individually that they might be easy for her so I put them into one container together.  I used a Montessori trick- "control of error"- to help her discern which pieces fit to which puzzle.  I put all dragon fly stickers on the dinosaur puzzle, all heart sticker on the duck puzzle, and all animal stickers on the lion puzzle.


I know that these tricks are not belonging to Montessori alone but they are valuable, you can use anything that you find and make it fit your child/children's abilities. Happy teaching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment